Eppendorf Safe-Lock Tubes are the result of 50 years of continuous improvement and development. The original Safe-Lock tubes protect your sample with excellent centrifugation stability, feature perfect sealing properties, and reliably prevent sample evaporation. Trust in the original Eppendorf Safe-Lock Tubes, because your samples deserve nothing but the best.
Safer than ever!
Tests at 30,000 x g have shown that vessels can break during centrifugation. Eppendorf Safe-Lock Tubes are guaranteed to withstand forces up to 30,000 x g, allowing you to safely centrifuge without sample loss.
During incubation in a boiling water bath, only the Eppendorf Safe–Lock Tubes remained safely closed. 10 % to 20 % opened lids were found for the tubes of manufacturers S and A, while T and G exhibited more than one–third and V nearly 80 % opened lids.
Highest sample integrity!
Manufactured without the use of slip agents, plasticizers, and biocides – substances that have been shown to leach from plastic consumables into the sample and negatively affect bio–assay results or measurements, e.g. nucleic acid quantification by photometric measurements at 260 nm.
Original Eppendorf Safe–Lock lid!
Always recognize the original Eppendorf Safe–Lock tube by the "ep" in the lid. The hinged lid on Eppendorf Safe–Lock tubes provides outstanding protection against accidental opening of tube lids ensuring highest sample protection. This feature is especially important when working with precious samples, or buffers containing detergents such as SDS
- Hinged Eppendorf Safe-Lock lid prevents unintentional lid opening during incubation and storage
- Polypropylene provides high resistance to chemicals, mechanical stress and temperature extremes
- Manufactured without the use of slip agents, plasticizers, and biocides – substances that have been shown to leach from plastic consumables into the sample and negatively affect bio-assay results
- g-Safe®: Exceptional centrifugation stability up to 30,000 x g prevents sample loss due to tube breakage and provides extra safety when working with hazardous samples
- Precise lid sealing for minimal evaporation rates during long-term storage
- Large frosted lid and surface on the side for easy labeling
- Guaranteed functionality from -86°C to 100°C
- Autoclavable when open (121°C, 20 min)
Forensic DNA Grade
Human DNA contamination is one of the main concerns in forensic DNA analysis. The ISO 18385 has been implemented to further minimize the risk of DNA contamination. This standard specifies requirements for manufacturing products used in the collection, storage and analysis of biological material for forensic purposes. Highly automated production lines and stringent access controls are only two production conditions for "Eppendorf Forensic DNA Grade" consumables which contribute in fulfilling ISO 18385. Individually blistered packaging or "mini batches" in re-sealable bags provide effective protection against contamination.