The UVette is a disposable UV/Vis cuvette with a light transmission of 220 nm to 1,600 nm. As an example of Eppendorf’s expertise in the production of high quality consumables, the UVette offers superb purity, convenience and precision for photometric analysis. The unique shape of the UVette combines two optical light path lengths to offer greater flexibility.
The Eppendorf UVette allows for measurements in the UV/Vis range with transparency from 220 nm to 1,600 nm with just a minimum volume of 50 µL. Choose between two optical path lengths (10 mm and 2 mm) with a single 90° rotation. The UVette is ideally matched for use with the Eppendorf BioPhotometer and Eppendorf BioSpectrometer. For use with other spectrophotometers, the UVette can be used with the aid of an adapter.
The UVettes are manufactured from crystal clear plastic, which is UV/Vis transparent and features translucency between 220 nm and 1,600 nm. The openly accessible side walls allow for a visual check of the liquid inside the UVette from all sides. This enables the user to detect air bubbles, for example, which may alter the test result. Furthermore, the funnel–shaped design of the cuvette base prevents a capillary effect and ensures that even the minimum volume of 50 μL constantly remains centered in the measuring area.
Two packaging sizes and purity grades are available:
- The individually packaged UVettes are PCR-clean & protein-free and are the ideal choice for valuable samples. Samples can be recovered for downstream applications without the risk of degradation or contamination. Lot specific certificates are available on the Eppendorf webpage.
- The routine pack contains UVettes with Eppendorf certified quality and is the ideal choice for routine applications where many samples need to be screened. It offers safe storage in a reclosable box and convenient access to each cuvette which makes filling easy.
- Suitable for measuring small volumes (≥50 µL)
- UV and Vis measurements from 220 nm to 1,600 nm
- UV transparent plastic, free of fluoropolymers and other halogenated hydrocarbons
- Two built-in optical path lengths in a single cuvette - just turn the UVette 90° to change from 10 mm and 2 mm
- Volume markings for 500 µL and 1,000 µL
- Individually packaged and certified PCR clean and protein-free quality for sensitive (e.g. RNA) and valuable samples
- Deep-lying optical window prevents scratches
- Tapered cuvette base for optimal filling, frosted grip for labeling
- Ideal for use in the Eppendorf BioPhotometer and Eppendorf BioSpectrometer, adapters available for use with other common spectrophotometers
- Routine pack for convenient access to each UVette and safe storage in a reclosable box