Many factors determine recertification of thermometers, such as usage, temperatures measured, inhouse procedures, and regulatory agencies’ guidelines and policies. As a general guideline for good laboratory and manufacturing practices, thermometers should be recertified or validated on an annual basis.
The Recertification Program Consists of:
- Complete visual inspection for any physical damage
- If possible the damage will be repaired
- Thermometer readings are compared against N.I.S.T. standards in high precision calibration baths using the comparison method at determined test temperatures
- Each temperature is recorded to 1/10th of a scale division
- A calibration report is generated detailing the pertinent information including the correction factors for each test point
- All calibration information is entered into the THERMCO data storage system
- All certification procedures are performed in accordance with N.I.S.T. and ASTM guidelines, which meet with requirements set by regulatory agencies
See Additional Info tab for order form that must be submitted.