The YSI ProDSS (digital sampling system) is a portable water quality multiparameter instrument for the measurement of several critical parameters - dissolved oxygen (optical), turbidity, pH, ORP, conductivity, specific conductance, salinity, TDS, resistivity, TSS, ammonium, ammonia, chloride, nitrate, depth, temperature and GPS coordinates.
Designed for use in applications such as surface water, groundwater, coastal/estuarine, and aquaculture the rugged and reliable ProDSS allows for the measurement of water quality parameters with digital sensors. The ProDSS uses smart, user-replaceable sensor technology that can be connected in any port and automatically recognized by the handheld while retaining the calibration data.
The ProDSS will also work with the YSI ProODO sensor/cable to provide a DO only instrument. It's also capable of using the ProOBOD optical BOD probe for use in the lab for BOD measurements.
An easy-to-read backlit color display, large memory capacity, simple calibration procedures, rechargeable battery and powerful data management program (KorDSS) all help to make your sampling experience more convenient.
The optional GPS and depth along with a wide range of cables and sensors allows for complete customization of the ProDSS. Military spec connectors, IP67 waterproof, rubber over-molded case and 1-meter drop tests ensures durability to provide years of sampling even in the harshest field conditions.
- Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP)/Redox
- Optical Dissolved Oxygen/BOD
- Specific Conductance
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS)
There are multiple features of the ProDSS based on our customer's feedback including:
- Digital smart sensors are automatically recognized by the instrument and store calibration data
- User-replaceable cables and sensors
- KorDSS software (included) and USB on-the-go connector assist with the all-important data management
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Color display and backlit keypad; menu-driven operation
- Long-life lithium-ion battery; ensures reliability and minimizes waste
- Optional GPS
- Optional depth sensor and up to 100-m cable lengths
- Large memory (>100,000 data sets) with extensive site list capabilities
- Multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, and Chinese
- Military spec connectors, waterproof IP67 rating and rubber over-molded case
- 3 year instrument warranty; 2 year cable warranty (sensor warranties vary)
Not only have we answered our customers demands for a handheld instrument that can measure turbidity, the ProDSS can also measure depth (optional) in addition to pH, ORP, optical DO, and conductivity.
There are many options when "building" a ProDSS instrument. You can choose cables up to 100-m with or without a depth sensor and each of the 4 sensor ports can accept any ProDSS smart sensor.
The ProDSS is a true field instrument. The titanium smart sensors can easily be replaced in the field and our durable MS (Military Spec) locking bayonet-style cable connector ensures quick cable connection. A rugged and waterproof (IP-67) rubber over-molded instrument casing provides protection from the demands of field sampling.
Total Algae Sensors
ProDSS Total Algae PC Phycocyanin Freshwater Smart Sensor (Thomas 1159A11)
The ProDSS Total Algae-Phycocyanin (TAL-PC) sensor is a dual-channel fluorescence-based sensor, with a channel for chlorophyll a, found in all algae, and a channel for the accessory pigment phycocyanin that is commonly found in freshwater blue-green algae. It is used for early detection of blue-green algae that can lead to harmful algal blooms.
ProDSS Total Algae PE Phycoerythrin Saltwater Smart Sensor (Thomas 1159A12)
The ProDSS Total Algae-Phycoerythrin (TAL-PE) sensor….and a channel for the accessory pigment phycoerythrin that is commonly found in saltwater blue-green algae. It is used for early detection of blue-green algae that can lead to harmful algal blooms, and the chlorophyll channel is relevant for all types of problematic algae, including red tide and brown tide algae.
When used with the ProDSS system, the TAL sensor is ideal for applications like beach monitoring, vertical or horizontal profiling, and source water monitoring for potentially toxic algae.
Sensors feature welded titanium construction and military-specification connectors that can handle rugged field conditions. All smart sensors have onboard memory and processing, and sensor-rezeroing can be performed on-site as an alternative to in-laboratory calibration.