The Purifier Axiom Class II, Type C1 is the first biological safety cabinet that can be used in a recirculating Type A-mode for standard microbiological work, or can be connected to an exhaust system to function in Type-B mode for handling hazardous chemical vapors or radionuclides. Because of the efficient, well-defined airflow pattern over its work surface, the Axiom is safer and easier to operate than traditional biosafety cabinets.
The patent pending design of the Chem-Zone™ maximizes chemical safety by creating a large, clearly defined area within the enclosure, bringing peace of mind during chemical handling. Other features that make the Axiom safe and easy to operate include its ergonomic Inclination™ Technology, the intuitive MyLogic™ Operating System and Active Protection Protocol.
The Axiom provides protection for personnel, product and the laboratory environment by filtering hazardous particulates and aerosols, such as agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment, with the option of venting away hazardous fumes. Type C1 enclosures may also be used for a wide variety of applications that incorporate antineoplastic drugs, genetic material, carcinogens, allergens, or other airborne hazards.
- Two operation modes: Type A mode for standard microbiological use and Type B mode for connection to exhaust system when handling hazardous chemical vapors or radionuclides
- Dual Electronically Commutated Motors (ECM)
- Constant Airflow Profile™ (CAP) Technology airflow monitoring system that provides constant and precise volume of air as required and automatically adjusts as filter load without relying on airflow or pressure sensors
- Low static pressure and volumetric rate exhaust requirements when in Type B mode — No dedicated exhaust system per BSC required as compared to contemporary Class II, Type B biosafety cabinets
- Air-Wave™ Entry System
- Contain-Air™ Negative Pressure Channel
- MyLogic™ Operating System that controls Smart-Start™ System for allowing the user to program start up and shut down operations and Night-Smart™ System for idling the blower when the sash is fully closed (Night-Smart operational in Type A mode only)
- Built-in interval or elapsed timer for experiment monitoring, fluorescentlight or UV light control (on models with UV light)
- Digital clock
- Bright, 90-150 footcandle, glare-free fluorescent lighting located outside the contaminated work area
- Five year manufacturer warranty
- Interior-mounted, line-of-sight, full color LCD information center with easy-to-understand MyLogic™ programming
- 22.6" (58 cm) maximum sash opening height and 27.0" (69 cm) viewing height
- Waterfall design curved inlet grille forearm support
- Removable, type 304 stainless steel 3-piece work surface (including
- 2 flat sides and 1 dished center) with lift out knobs and
- Clearly delineated working area (when handling chemicals)
- Catch latch to hold center dished Chem-Zone™ work surface in upright position for easy cleaning of catch pan and sump area
- 10° Angled sash with counterbalanced, anti-racking mechanism for ease of lifting
- ADA-compliant touchpad control on right-hand side post for manual activation of blower, light(s), timer, electrical receptacles, audible alarm mute and menu selection
- Flush-mounted stainless steel electrical receptacle covers with dampened hinges
- Two operational ADA-compliant sash heights. BSC can be programmed on location to have either 8" or 10" sash height
For additional information, please download the Axiom brochure in the Additional Info Tab.