Let Thomas Assist you in purchasing the right Plate Reader for your needs.
Complete this short Form so that we can begin helping you make the choice that best suits your application needs.
The fully flexible detection platform with smart automation.
The Spark fluorescence multimode microplate reader offers solutions for virtually any life science research or drug discovery applications. Researchers can freely configure the reader to their current needs, and Spark is upgradable to access other techniques and features in the future.
Spark fluorescence plate reader is an all-in-one solution for fast spectral scanning, ELISAs and low volume DNA/protein quantification, featuring fast absorbance measurements with a dedicated High Speed Monochromator, together with a cuvette port and the patented NanoQuant plate™.
The unique fusion optics allows any combination of filters or monochromators on both the excitation and emission sides for every fluorescence measurement; you no longer have to choose between sensitivity or flexibility for your assays.
Spark plate reader has specifically been designed for cell-based assays. The instrument’s bright field cell imaging option with incubator-like environmental control enables long-term experiments and live monitoring of cell growth. This is complemented by the unparalleled multi-color luminescence module, which offers flexibility for virtually any luminescence measurement, including flash, glow, BRET and laser-based Alpha Technology.
Spark’s optional Te-Cool™ module allows the user to set the reader temperature at, or even below, ambient for more accurate and robust results, regardless of the time of day or season.
Smart automated conditional workflows minimize hands-on time and increase reproducibility for long-term experiments, to increase confidence in your data.
*Note: Pricing listed is for base model. Speak with your Thomas Rep for options. For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Low-volume DNA/RNA quantification
- Nucleic acid labeling efficiency
- Protein quantification
- Reportergene assays
- Homogeneous time-resolved fluorescence (HTRF®)
- Dual-Luciferase® Reporter (DLR™)
- Bioluminescence resonance energy transfer (BRET) – including Nano-BRET™
- Cell counting and viability
- Confluence assessments
- Cell migration and wound healing
- Fluorescence* imaging for
- nuclei counting
- transfection efficiency
- cell viability and apoptosis
- cell roughness
- Absorbance – including UV/vis spectra
- Fluorescence top and bottom – including spectra
- Time-resolved fluorescence (TRF) – including spectra
- Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
- Time-Resolved Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer (TR-FRET)
- Fluorescence Polarization (FP)
- Luminescence – glow, flash, multi-color, spectra
- AlphaScreen®, AlphaLISA® and AlphaPlex™
- Bright field imaging
- Absorbance cuvette port
- NanoQuant plate
- Temperature control (RT+3-42 °C)
- Liquid dispensers with reagent heater and stirrer
- CO2 and O2 control
- Evaporation protection (humidity cassette)
- Te-Cool (active temperature regulation from 18-42 °C)
- Integrated lid handling
- QC tools for IQOQ services