The Optimizer PCR Workstation™ is designed to protect against contamination in sensitive PCR amplification reactions in the following ways:
1) UV irradiation of working area prior to use blocks replication of contaminating DNA sequences by causing adjacent pyrimidines to undergo dimerization.
2) This Dead Air Box protects against cross or airborne contamination by limiting exposure of experimental set-up to open lab environment.
- Plenty of interior workspace for PCR reaction supplies and equipment
- Safety Interlock: factory installed interlock automatically shuts off UV light when hood is opened
- Ergonomic design for comfortable posture
- Single access panels close during UV irradiation, then slide into storage
- Hinged glass door allows easy access to interior workspace for cleaning and placement of large instruments or supplies
- Dual fluorescent lamps assure excellent work space visibility
- 254nm ozone-free UV lamp(s) with convenient switch for timed decontamination of workspace
- Acid-resistant black formica or stainless steel worksurfaces
- A stainless steel ceiling angle reflector with stainless steel work surface option yields greater UV reflection, resulting in a 10% increase in UV dose in PCR Workstations with a single UV bulb and a 20% increase with a dual UV bulb