The Emax is an entirely new type of ball mill for high energy milling. The unique combination of high friction and impact results in extremely fine particles within the shortest amount of time.
The high energy input is a result of an unrivaled speed of 2000 min-1 and the optimized jar design. Thanks to the revolutionary cooling system with water, the high energy input is effectively used for the grinding process without overheating the sample. Due to the special grinding jar geometry, the sample is thoroughly mixed which results in a narrow particle size distribution.
Unlike other high energy ball mills, the Emax is capable of continuous grinding operation without interruptions for cooling down. This dramatically reduces the grinding time. The high energy input in combination with the unique cooling system provides perfect conditions for effective mechanical alloying or grinding down to the nanometer range.
A wealth of safety features such as the integrated safety closure of the grinding jar, temperature control with automatic start/stop system, and integrated imbalance controls make operation of the bench-top mill Emax very user-friendly.
alloys, bones, carbon fibres, catalysts, cellulose, cement clinker, ceramics, chemical products, clay minerals, coal, coke, concrete, fibres, glass, gypsum, iron ore, kaolin, limestone, metal oxides, minerals, ores, paper, pigments, plant materials, polymers, quartz, semi-precious stones, sewage sludge, slag, soils, tea, tobacco, waste samples, wood
- Faster and finer grinding than any other ball mills
- Speed of 2000 min-1 allow for ultra-fast pulverization of the sample
- Water cooling permits continuous operation without cool down breaks
- Temperature-controlled grinding
- Narrow particle size distribution thanks to special jar design which improves mixing of the sample
- Patented drive concept
- Easy operation via touch screen, 10 SOPs storable
- Operation with 2 grinding jars
- Easy installation of grinding jars
- Jars with integrated safety closure
- Range of jar materials allow for contamination free grinding