Bench XX-Series UV Lamps offer a complete selection of models - fixture only or with a choice of the following wavelengths: longwave, BLB (black light blue), shortwave or midrange. Wavelength 352nm BLB tubes are available for the XX-15 fixture.
- Various fixture sizes, watts and wavelengths are available
- Lamps include holes on each end of the fixture for hanging or mounting the lamp
- Lamps are manufactured with a durable aluminum housing and powder paint scratch resistant finish
- Shortwave lamps can be used in an upward facing position for purifying air or in a downward position for sanitizing work surfaces
- 254nm UV can kill up to 99% of organisms from bacteria, yeast, mold spores, germs and viruses
- Shortwave UV (254nm) offer reliable and effective tool for sterilization and sanitation applications in hospitals, laboratories, pharmaceutical companies and clinics
- UV intensity can be increased by bringing the lamp closer to object being sterilized
- The 352nm BLB tubes can be used in inspection and testing applications
Sterilization: When using shortwave UV, when you know the micro-organism to be destroyed and how much energy is required, divide the energy required (in units mW/cm2 at 12 inches for the XX-15S) to calculate the total exposure time required to do the job.