This apparatus combines two analytical techniques, Soxhlet extraction and Dean-Stark azeotropic distillation, into a single process for the removal of water, chlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (CCDs) and chlorinated dibenzofurans (CDFs) from wet particulate samples.
- Determination of water and CDDs/ CDFs on the same sample aliquot is achieved without the need for desiccation prior to Soxhlet extraction
- Loss of analytes and sample contamination are avoided
- Uses a 586500-0233 fritted glass extraction thimble, not supplied
- PTFE stopcock plug is 821001-0002
- Manufactured from 33 expansion, low extractable borosilicate glass conforming to USP Type I and ASTM E438, Type I, Class A requirements