Combine the convenience of a benchtop design with orbital shaking technology in one package with Thermo Scientific™ MaxQ™ 4000 Benchtop Orbital Shakers. Versatile, incubated and refrigerated, these shakers are ideal for cell culture, solubility studies, extraction procedures, protein expression and many other applications. They are spacious chambers in a footprint designed for the benchtop.
MaxQ 4000 benchtop orbital shakers are durable and easy to use with a spacious 18 x 18" platform for higher vessel capacity. These benchtop units handle up to six 2L flasks. The clear, scratch-resistant lid allows unobstructed sample viewing without disturbing chamber temperature.
- Triple eccentric drive delivers uniform motion with 0.75" (19mm) circular orbit
- Timed or continuous-run modes
- Clear, scratch-resistant lid for sample viewing
- Safety interlock stops platform when lid is opened
- Precisely monitor temperature and control chamber temperature over complete range with ±0.1C accuracy at 37°C with PID temperature controller
- Over temperature safety feature with independent thermostat provides additional backup by controlling heat if main temperature controller fails
- Variable speed control from 15 to 500 rpm
- View speed, temperature and time simultaneously on three individual LED displays which helps minimize errors in establishing running conditions
- Continuous and timed operation from 0.1 hr. up to 999 hr. or 0.1 min. to 999 min.
- Shaker shutdown and audible/visual alarms signal if unit operates ±10% of set speed, preventing shaker from walking
- User-adjustable speed calibration can be performed using a digital handheld tachometer, where verification is required and protocols can be standardized
- Unbalanced load sensor stops platform motion when excess vibration is detected and visual/audible alarms signal until condition is corrected
- Soft-start feature eliminates sudden starts and stops, splashing of vessel contents or wetting of flask closure
- Solid-state DC brushless motor is maintenance free
Analog Models: have been discontinued as of May 2017 and are no longer available.
For a complete system, order platforms and clamps (sold separately).