With 50 years of experince in imaging, the creators of the UVP GelStudio imaging systems, are the experts of gel documentation and imaging. The UVP GelStudio and UVP GelStudio touch systems are essential to laboratories performing genomic and proteomic applications. These gel documentation systems are used for high sensitivity imaging of DNA gels, protein gels, Coomassie Blue, GelGreen, SYBR Green and a wide range of genomic applications. The ergonomically designed GelStudio is available as a stand-alone system as well as an external computer version for those laboratories with particular IT/computer restrictions.
- Available as a touch screen controlled system or as an external computer operated system, for those laboratories with particular IT/Computer requirements.
- High sensitivity camera and optics. The imager features a 5.0 megapixel camera, with an automated f/1.2 zoom lens. Contrast-rich images of fluorescent and colored samples.
- Integrated, 15.6 inch, multi-touch computer, with large storage capacity. Ideal for multitasking and viewing several images. Fully networkable system. Connects over wireless network for simple transfer of files and data.
- Wide maximum illuminated imaging area for imaging multiple gels of various sizes (up to 25 x 26 cm). Compact footprint which maximizes laboratory bench space.
- Unique "Slide2Hide" door, features smooth operation and limits bench top interferences, when tucked beneath the darkroom door.
- Integrated UV Protection Shield, maximizes protection from UV radiation while working over the transilluminated surface.
- Overhead white lighting is included, with optional UV and blue light.
- Five-position automated, filter tray for easy access (Ethidium bromide filter included)
- Upgradeable to support UVP eLITE Light Source module, for excitation from 400 to 800 nm wavelength applications.
- VisionWorks touch software, features Templates for automated image acquisition and enhancement. Acquisition settings such as auto-exposure, focus, zoom, lighting and filter selections can easily be saved and reused, for one-touch capture.
These systems ensure an enhanced gel imaging experience, with a large 15.6", integrated touch screen computer, a unique Slide2Hide door for easy access to the interior of the darkroom and a Thin-Line Transilluminator in a compact form.
Designed for laboratory efficiency and ease-of-use.
The integrated 15.6 inch, wide touch-screen computer, allows clear visuals of faint bands and finer details of gel images. Multi-tasking is easier to perform on a wide screen, requiring multiple windows and files. Large and visible application icons on the VisionWorks touch Software, increases accessibility for improved and efficient workflow. Additionally, the computer has 500GB of hardware capacity to store large amounts of images, template and data. 7 USB ports are available for the use of keyboard, mouse and other accessories. A stylus is included for simple and precise control.
The darkroom features a Thin-Line Transilluminator in a slide-out tray for easy access, with uniform and high-intensity UV lighting in a compact form. A wide imaging area of 25 x 26cm, allows imaging of multiple gels, various gel sizes and several colony plates. The Thin-Line Transilluminator is designed with long-life UV lamps, for minimum service requirements, independent from the number of times the transilluminator is turned on/off. Thin UV lamp technology is instant-on with a need for warm-up to provide high intensity and uniform lighting. A UV intensity switch "low/high" is included for optimal radiation for documentation or for preparative work.
Users have several ergonomic features such as the Slide2Hide door, which folds down and slides neatly, underneath the darkroom, to limit bench top interferences and allow unimpeded access to the interior of the darkroom.
Automation features on the UVP GelStudio imaging systems, drastically improve workflow in laboratories. An automated five-position filter wheel, in a slide-out tray allows for simple changeover, to various emission wavelengths. On the UVP GelStudio systems, all VisionWorks® software packages include Templates, to preset capture settings such as filters, auto-exposure, focus, zoom and lighting, among others. This ensures that different application settings are saved for various researchers performing experiments on one imaging system.
Highest regard for safety protection.
An integrated UV Protection Shield, maximizes protection from UV radiation, in working over the UV transillumination surface when the darkroom door is open. The UV Protection Shield is invisibly stored and there is no need for a separate storage location. It is easily pulled down for immediate use and can be set at a custom angle according to the user´s need. When the Thin-Line Transilluminator is rolled out, the shield protects users from UV transillumination when performing preparative work on gels.
Additionally, the systems are equipped with a red UV On indicator light, to alert the users of the presence of UV light.
Advanced technical specifications and capabilities.
High resolution and light sensitivity is achieved with a 5.0 megapixel camera and an automated f/1.2 zoom lens for close-up image capture.
With the addition of accessories and lighting filters, the UVP GelStudio imagers are expanded to perform a wide range of applications. UVP Visi-White™ LED Plates are easily plugged in, for Coomassie blue, Silver Stains, etc. Use a UVP Visi-Blue™ Converter Plate for blue excitation applications, including GelGreen and SYBR Green (460-470nm).
Compatible with UVP eLITE Light Source for overhead excitation from 400-800nm wavelengths. This accessory uses a Xenon light engine technology, for uniform and high-intensity lighting, across the full range of Technicolor applications.
The full package VisionWorks Acquisition and Analysis Software is for use on an external computer and has several features for quantitative analysis and report generation. 1D quantitation, area density and colony counting analysis. Reports are created showing extensive analysis results including Molecular Weight (MW), Rf, band intensities and area density calculations. Data can be exported to Excel.