The UVP GelSolo is a compact, easy-to-use, stand-alone system for gel documentation. It is designed to acquire gel images easily and without any need for training, making it ideal for multi-user laboratories and practical trainings.
- High resolution 5.0 MP camera
- Highly sensitive zoom lens allows for high-contrast image acquisition
- Built-in 11.6" screen with intuitive image acquisition system
- Epi-white and epi-blue LED lights enable a variety of gel imaging applications
- Analyze gels with the included VisionWorks analysis software
- Easy access data storage for saving images on the USB drive, to the system or network computer
- Side access doors for gel repositioning and cutting while viewing the gel on the screen
The primary application of the UVP GelSolo is capturing, saving and printing of gel images. But it is also possible to analyze gels with the included VisionWorks analysis software. Users can import gel images and conduct calculation of fragment sizes or quantify sample material in a few simple steps.
Seven different UV Transilluminator options are available based on filter size (20 x 20 cm, 21 x 26 cm or 25 x 26 cm) and UV wavelength (302 nm, 302/365 nm or 254/302/365 nm). It is possible to control the UV intensity on the single wavelength models. An Ethidium Bromide emission filter is included in every system purchase to support the most comon gel imaging applications. Different emission filters can be manually changed quickly via the 3 position filter tray. A variety of converter plates are available for different applications such as: UV to white light and UV to blue light (460-470nm).