Protector® Premier® Laboratory Hoods incorporate a sleek interior with a molded one-piece fiberglass liner, the signature feature of Labconco’s leading line of fume hoods since 1961. The one-piece liner of specially-formulated, fiberglass-reinforced polyester offers corrosion and fire resistance and easy clean up. Without seams, the interior has fewer points of deterioration for longer life.
Like the Protector XStream Hoods, Protector Premier Hoods incorporate many containment-enhancing features including Clean-Sweep™ technology and the Eco-Foil™ air foil. Testing confirms the Protector Premier Hood meets the SEFA-1 standard of a low velocity, high performance hood and may be operated as low as 60 fpm. These hoods are offered for use with a remotely-located blower or with a built-in blower — the only high performance hood with built-in blower available anywhere.
Features and benefits unique to Protector® Premier® Laboratory Hoods are described below.
All models feature:
- By-pass airflow design
- Eco-Foil™ Air Foil with aerodynamic Clean-Sweep™ airflow openings
- Cord-Keeper™ Slots on left and right side of air foil
- Glacier white powder-coated steel exterior
- One-piece molded fiberglass liner and pre-set baffle(s) with flame spread less than 25 per ASTM E-84
- Tempered safety glass vertical-rising sash with powder-coated sash handle
- 37.5" (95.3 cm) high sightline from the work surface to header panel
- Removable front and side panels, and front service access panels for access to plumbing and electrical wiring
- Molded fiberglass 12.81" ID exhaust connection(s)
All models conform to the following regulations and standards:
- CFR 29, Part 1910
- SEFA 1-2010
- NFPA 45-2011
- ASTM E84-09C
- ASHRAE 110-1995
- ANSI Z9.5-2011
- UL 61010-1
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1
- UL 1805
- CE Conformity Marking (230 volt models)
- SEFA 8-2010, Cabinet Surface Finish Tests
All Fixtured models feature:
- Two pre-plumbed service fixtures with forged brass valves, lower right side with brass tubing for gas and lower left side with copper tubing for cold water. Components for converting either or both fixtures to air and vacuum are provided. Inlet tubing is not provided.
- One pre-wired GFCI electrical duplex receptacle on lower right side.
Built-in blower models feature:
- Built-in belt-driven, corrosion-resistant exhaust blower with adjustable sheave, molded thermoplastic housing and non-sparking, coated aluminum impeller.
Explosion-proof models feature:
- Explosion-proof blower and incandescent light fixture (bulb not included)
- Furnished without switches, electrical receptacles and wiring
Required accessories not included:
- Remote Blower
- Work Surface
- Base Cabinet or Stand
Optional accessories for on-site installation include:
- Service Fixture Kits
- Electrical Duplex Kits
- Guardian Airflow Monitor Kits
- Distillation Grid Kits
- Sash Stop Kits
- Ceiling Enclosure and Rear Finish Panel Kits