Power Drive Unit, Rotator
- For continuous rotation of accessory head at speeds of 2 to 60 rpm
- Variable speed control adjusts speed from gentle mixing to rapid agitation
- Suitable for rotating tissue culture specimens or blood cell suspensions without sedimentation or foaming
- Unique clamping device uses leverage to guarantee positive maintenance of selected motor position with minimum effort
- Cord-attached speed control allows placement at convenient location and avoids danger of reaching around or behind to start or stop rotation
- Permits operation in constant temperature oven or hood while control is outside
Overall dimensions: 10 1/8” W x 10 11/16” D x 9 13/16” H. With three-wire cord for 120 V, 50/60 Hz. Also includes friction-drive test tube head (8293Q27).
- For blood agitations, isotopic competitive protein binding assays and similar procedures
- Attaches to 8293Q12 Power Drive Unit
- Clutch allows stopping the head to insert and remove tubes without turning off motor
Consists of aluminum disk, 14 inches diameter (36 cm), with 30 adjustable, removable spring clips to hold tubes 10 to 18 mm in diameter and 15 spring clips to hold tubes 20 to 30 mm in diameter. Clips permit tubes to be inserted radially from the side rather than the top, reducing chance of breaking tubes. Standard clips can be replaced by 8293Q30 Clips, not included, for use with tubes 21 to 26 mm in diameter. Head will accommodate up to 24 of the larger tubes. Without tubes.