AdvanStain Scarlet is a fluorescent stain for gels and blots that allows sensitive and quantitative visualization of proteins. Gels and blots stained with AdvanStain Scarlet can be imaged on any fluorescence imaging system, including laser- and CCD-based systems, with a detection limit of less than 1 ng of protein per band or spot. Fully compatible with downstream Western blotting or mass spectrometry, AdvanStain Scarlet is non-toxic and biodegradable, for safe and simple disposal.
- Sensitive – detect less than a nanogram of protein per spot
- Convenient – simple 3-hour protocol
- Flexible – stain gels or membranes
- Reversible – destain for downstream Western blotting or mass spectrometry
- No speckling – clean background for better data
- Safe – biodegradable and contains no heavy metals for increased safety and simple disposal
- Compatible – image with any laser or CCD imaging system. Compatible excitation wavelenghts include green (543, 532 nm), blue (488 nm), violet (405 nm) and UV (302, 365 nm). Maximum emission wavelenght is 610 nm