UNSPSC Code: 12352200
RIDADR: NONH for all modes of transport
Features and Benefits:
Increase accuracy during reverse transcription reactions.
• Benefit from an optimized enzyme blend with 7-fold higher fidelity compared to other commonly used reverse transcriptases.
• Rely on true-fidelity data, as determined by the sequencing of several million bases with the Genome Sequencer 20 System.
Combine accuracy with high sensitivity, high yield, and full-length transcripts.
• Generate full-length transcripts up to 14 kb with the anchored-oligo (dT)18 primers included in the kit .
• Obtain excellent yields.
• Detect low-copy number templates; reverse transcribe from as little as 10 pg template RNA.
• Transcribe a variety of templates, even the most difficult ones (e.g., GC-rich RNAs with high secondary structure) at temperatures up to +55°C.
Get results faster.
• Reduce reverse transcription reaction time to as little as 10 minutes.
• Be first to finish
The Transcriptor High Fidelity cDNA Synthesis Kit is designed to reverse transcribe RNA with increased fidelity compared to other reverse transcriptases. The kit features Transcriptor High Fidelity Reverse Transcriptase, a blend of a recombinant reverse transcriptase and a proofreading mediating enzyme optimized for two-step RT-PCR, making this the product of choice for:
• Cloning genes of interest
• Sequencing transcriptomes
• Generating cDNA libraries with large and full-length inserts
• Generating gene expression analysis, like RNA splicing analysis
As the kit is also tested with the LightCycler® Instruments and other real-time PCR instruments, the product is also ideal for quantitative RT-PCR applications that require high fidelity.
The kit contains all components required for synthesizing cDNA suitable for direct use in qualitative RT-PCR with conventional thermal cyclers or quantitative RT-PCR on real-time PCR instruments. The 50-reaction pack size also includes 10 control reactions (control RNA and control primer mix).
Transcriptor High Fidelity Reverse Transcriptase enzyme blend for high fidelity two-step RT-PCR of RNA up to 14 kb.
The core component of the Transcriptor High Fidelity Synthesis cDNA Synthesis kit is the Transcriptor High Fidelity Reverse Transcriptase, a blend of a recombinant reverse transcriptase and a proofreading mediating enzyme. The synergy between both enzymes is the key to the ability of the enzyme blend to reverse transcribe RNA templates with 7-fold higher fidelity compared to other commonly used reverse transcriptases.
The Transcriptor High Fidelity Reverse Transcriptase enzyme blend efficiently reverse transcribes templates up to 14 kb. Due to the high thermostability of both enzyme components and the specially optimized buffer system, reverse transcription is possible at temperatures up to +55°C. This allows the reverse transcription of GC-rich templates with high secondary structure, without the need to include additives that may negatively influence the accuracy of the reverse transcription reaction.
The recombinant reverse transcriptase included in the enzyme blend is expressed in E. coli. The enzyme has RNA-directed DNA polymerase activity, DNA-dependent DNA polymerase activity, unwinding activity and RNase H activity that degrades RNA in RNA:DNA hybrids. The latter circumvents the need to perform an additional time-consuming RNase H incubation step after reverse transcription, reducing reaction time and costs.
The Transcriptor High Fidelity cDNA Synthesis Kit provides all reagents required for first-strand cDNA synthesis reactions. For priming, three different primer systems can be used. Two cDNA synthesis primers are provided with the kit: random hexamer primers and an anchored-oligo(dT)18 primer. The latter is designed to bind at the beginning of the poly(A) tail to generate full-length cDNAs and to prevent priming from internal sites of the poly(A) tail. The 5′ ends of long mRNAs are often underrepresented, therefore this priming method is preferred for most applications. The use of random hexamer primers enables priming throughout the length of RNA for uniform representation of all RNA sequences and allows reverse transcription of RNAs that do not carry a poly(A) tail. The thermostable Protector RNase Inhibitor (included in the kit) protects RNA from degradation at high reaction temperatures.
For life science research only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Each lot of the kit is function tested in an assay to quantify proofreading activity and in a two-step qRT-PCR assay to quantify the presence of PBGD mRNA in total RNA from K-562 cells.
Transcriptor High Fidelity cDNA Synthesis Kit includes the following:
• Transcriptor High Fidelity Reverse Transcriptase (blend of a recombinant reverse transcriptase and a proofreading mediating enzyme)
• Transcriptor High Fidelity Reaction Buffer, 5x concentrated
• Protector RNase Inhibitor
• dNTP mix, PCR Grade
• Anchored-oligo (dT)18Primer
• Random Hexamer Primer
• Water, PCR Grade
• Control RNA – total RNA fraction purified from the immortalized cell line K-562*
• Control PBGD primer mix (forward and reverse primer)*
* Included only in the 50-reaction pack size.
LightCycler is a registered trademark of Roche