Highly cost-effective, direct replacement for AMPure XP beads in PCR and NGS clean-up and size selection applications
- Affordable: Direct replacement for AMPure XP beads at a fraction of the cost, without sacrificing performance
- Compatible: Uses same protocol as AMPure XP / SPRIselect
- Safe: No sodium azide in the beads or buffers enabling simple, cost-effective disposal of used materials
- Effective: Size selection from 200 – 700 bp before and during NGS library prep
- Efficient: Removes salts, dimers, primers, adaptors and other reaction components from PCR or NGS reactions
- Automation-friendly: Compatible with all open platforms due to use of paramagnetic particles
Superparamagnetic beads and buffer systems, such as AMPure XP Beads from Beckman Coulter, are critical reagents used at multiple points in NGS workflows and many PCR applications. These beads are used to clean-up various NGS and PCR reactions to remove unwanted salts, buffers, adaptors, primers and adaptor or primer dimers. They are also used to size select DNA fragments either before starting NGS library prep or at the end of library prep to produce optimally sized libraries and high quality sequencing results.
sbeadex SAB (sequencing application beads) represent the new generation of size selection and clean-up beads and are a direct replacement for AMPure XP or similar beads. As with other beads of this type, sbeadex SAB play key roles in in the various steps of NGS and PCR workflows. sbeadex SAB exhibits excellent clean-up properties and provides accurate size selection performance from 200 to 700 bp.
sbeadex SAB are superparamagnetic, double coated beads representing a technical and scientific alternative to common clean-up and size selection systems. Using high salt and different PEG concentrations, the particles allow the capture of nucleic acids of defined sizes on the bead surface. sbeadex SAB can be used in single tubes or in 96-well plates using both manual and automated methods on instruments like the KingFisher™ magnetic particle processor and allows individual, project-specific protocol optimisations.