The KOD Xtreme™ Hot Start DNA Polymerase* kit is an optimized PCR system for the amplification of long or GC-rich DNA templates. The unique formulation enables you to amplify directly from minimally processed samples; allowing highly efficient crude sample PCR target amplification. The system includes an ultra high fidelity KOD DNA polymerase complexed with two monoclonal antibodies to permit hot start thermocycling, along with specially formulated 2X buffer. KOD Xtreme Hot Start DNA Polymerase quickly and accurately amplifies genomic and phage/plasmid DNA targets up to 24 and 40 kbp, respectively. KOD Xtreme Hot Start DNA Polymerase successfully amplifies challenging DNA templates with up to 90% GC content. Each kit provides 200 U KOD Xtreme Hot Start DNA Polymerase, an optimized buffer and dNTPs sufficient for 200 amplification reactions. The polymerase produces blunt-ended DNA products suitable for cloning with the Novagen Perfectly Blunt® and LIC Vector Kits.
*Manufactured by Toyobo and distributed by EMD. Not available from Merck in Japan.
Features and Benefits:
- Optimized for the highest PCR success rate, even with the most difficult targets
- 10X higher fidelity than Taq blends
- Efficiently amplifies up to 90% GC-content DNA templates
- Amplifies genomic targets up to 24 kbp
- Amplifies phage/Lambda targets up to 40 kbp
- Eliminates mispriming and primer-dimer formation
- Convenient ambient-temperature setup compatible with automation
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that will catalyze the incorporation of 10 nmol of dNTP into acid-insoluble form in 30 min at 75Â°C, in a reaction containing 20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25Â°C), 8 mM MgCl2, 7.5 mM DTT, 50 Âµg/ml BSA, 150 ÂµM each of dATP, dCTP, dGTP, dTTP (a mix of unlabeled and [3H]dTTP), and 150 Âµg/ml activated calf thymus DNA.
- 200 U KOD Xtreme™ Hot Start DNA Polymerase
- 1.7 ml 2X Xtreme Buffer
- 1 ml dNTPs (2 mM each)