G-Sep™ is a gel filtration resin comprised of ultrapure cross-linked dextran for desalting and buffer exchange in industrial applications. It exhibits high selectivity, superb resolution, low non-specific adsorption and robust chemical stability.
- Quickly desalts, removes contaminants and transfers to a new buffer in a single step.
- Excellent recovery and minimum sample dilution
- Available in prepacked SpinOUT™ Desalting columns for fast and convenient desalting
Molecules purified with G-Sep™ are separated according to size. Smaller molecules pass significantly slower through the column than larger molecules.
Two different G-Sep™ resins are available, G-Sep™ 25 and G-Sep™ 50 . They differ in their degree of cross-linking and hence in their degree of swelling and their molecular fractionation range. G-Sep™ 25 is better suited for smaller molecules and G-Sep™ 50 is better suited for larger molecules. G-Sep™ 25 and G-Sep™ 50 are both available in 3 different particle sizes (Superfine, Fine, and Medium).
The molecular weight cut-off (MWCO) for G-Sep™ 25 is 5 kD for proteins and 10 bases for nucleic acids. The molecular weight cut-off (MWCO) for G-Sep™ 50 is 25 kD for proteins and 20 bases for nucleic acids.
Buffer and pH effects on resolution are minimal and purified biomolecules are not significantly diluted (1.5-fold) when processed using G-Sep™.
G-Sep™ is autoclavable at 121°C, pH 7 for 30 minutes and is stable in all commonly used buffers, including: 0.2M NaOH; 0.2M HCl; 1M acetic acid; 8M urea; 6M guanidine HCI; 1% SOS, 24% Ethanol; 30% Propanol; and 30% Acetonitrile. Features
|Matrix||Cross-linked dextran||Cross-linked dextran||Cross-linked dextran|
|Wet bead size||35–90 µm||35-140 μm||38–235 µm|
|Dry bead size||20-50 μm||20-80 μm||50-150 μm|
|Water regain||2.15 – 2.25 mL/g||2.15 – 2.25 mL/g||2.15 – 2.25 mL/g|
|Swelling||4 – 6 mL/g||4 – 6 mL/g||4 – 6 mL/g|
|MWCO (size exclusion)||below 5000 Da||below 5000 Da||below 5000 Da|
|Fractionation range Mr Globular proteins||1000 - 5000 Da||1000 - 5000 Da||1000 - 5000 Da|
|pH Stability||2.0 to 13.0||2.0 to 13.0||2.0 to 13.0|
|Pressure Flow Specification||>11 cm/h, pressure drop cm H2O/bed height=2, bed height 30 cm, 2.6 cm i.d.||>47 cm/h, pressure drop cm H2O/bed height=2, bed height 30 cm, 2.6 cm i.d.||>100 cm/h, pressure drop cm H2O/bed height=2, bed height 30 cm, 2.6 cm i.d.|
- Storage: 4 to 30°C, dry resins. Used resins 4 to 8 °C in 20% Ethanol or 0.1 M NaOH
- Chemical Stability: Commonly used buffers, 0.2 M NaOH, 0.2 M HCl, 1 M acetic acid, 8 M urea, 6 M guanidine HCl, 1 % SDS, 24 % ethanol, 30 % porpanol, 30 % acetonitrile
- Protein purification and contamination removal from samples
- For the desalting and buffer exchange of protein and nucleic acid solutions
- Separate proteins from peptides
- Desalt peptides