G-Biosciences CDI Amine Reactive Agarose consists of 6% cross-linked agarose activated with CDI (1,1’-carbonyl diimidazole) to form reactive imidazole carbamates.
The activation of the resin occurs in solvent and to maintain its activity the resin is supplied in acetone to prevent hydrolysis. Upon reaction of the resin with primary amine containing molecules, i.e. proteins, in basic (pH8.5-10) aqueous buffers the imidazole carbamates lose the imidazole group and form carbamate linkages.
CDI Amine Reactive Agarose is ideal for immobilizing peptides, small organic molecules and certain proteins and reactions can occur in organic solvent making it ideal for water-insoluble ligand s.
Click here to request bulk or custom sizes.
- Proven coupling chemistry
- Easy to use, no secondary coupling agents required
- Stable linkages
- Couple in inorganic buffers for insoluble molecules
- Couple proteins and peptides
- Couple primary amine containing ligand s