Thomas Scientific is a 115 year old, family owned lab equipment, supply, and chemical distributor who serves as a worldwide supplier of scientific products. We are located in Swedesboro, NJ, are a leading distributor of scientific products, and one of the fastest growing distributors in our market segment. Thousands of labs in academia, industry, biotech and pharma rely on us to ensure they have the supplies they need. Our goal is to provide our customers with the best products at the best prices, while at the same time providing an exceptional customer experience.
Position: Picker / Packer / Receiver
Minimum Qualifications or Skills Required:
• High school diploma
• Ability to read and understand written policies and procedures
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain good attendance
• High degree of attention to detail
• Ability to routinely lift up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to work efficiently and safely in a fast paced environment
Daily assignments may include some or all of the below:
• Performs all aspects of packing orders:
o Box assembly
o Fills box with items per order, scanning each item into system for accuracy
o Fills box with protective packing materials if necessary
o Seals and labels box for shipping
o Ensures accurate preparation of packages as required by various hazardous material regulations
o Uses scanner/computer/printer for processing shipments
• Performs all aspects of picking orders:
o Per the order, locate the item on a shelf, scan item, and pull for packing
o Picking items may require the use of a cart or pallet jack
o Use hand-held scanner for scanning items and locations
• Performs all aspects of receiving items into warehouse:
o Match receiving ticket with order and check to see if all items have arrived.
o Produce labels for each item and label accordingly.
o Scan item into system, and put in the warehouse location on shelf, etc.
Rate of Pay: $12 to $14 per hour
Hours of Work: Monday through Friday, with some Saturday hours. Shifts are typically 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm, or 10am to 6pm.