The Mel-Temp® Digital Melting Point Apparatus offers a quick and easy way to measure the melting points of samples at a budget price with a temperature resolution of ±1°C. It is ideal for multiple users, being ergonomically designed to ensure comfortable viewing for everyone, with a height-adjustable extension arm and a viewing head that may be rotated to suit each user. As a visual aid, the viewing head holds a viewing magnifier that offers 8X magnification.
As a further convenience, the extension arm is completely collapsible and can be neatly folded away into the unit, so that the unit can be stored flat to save space.
Each Mel-Temp® Digital Melting Point Apparatus comes supplied with a pack of 100 capillary tubes.
- Membrane keypad with simple menus for intuitive use
- Push button controls are conveniently located to ensure that temperatures can be recorded without looking away from sample
- Digital microprocessor with 1°C resolution provides fast warm-up and accurate temperature control
- Samples in 3 capillary tubes may be viewed simultaneously
Safety and Convenience
- 3 Audible beeps indicate that the oven temperature is stable and ready for sample
- Adjustable arm with viewing magnifier can be folded away into the unit
- Adjustable object lens for sharp focus
- Rotating viewing head and safety eye piece to protect against glare and hot zone
- Integral light and wide angle 8X viewing magnifier enhance sample observation, so that all 3 samples can be viewed without eye strain
- Units can be calibrated by the user on their site or by the manufacturer/service organization. If calibrated by the user, a calibration kit is required.
- Improved calibration procedure using a calibration key
Includes UK, EU and US plug and leads for use with the 15DC power supply.