Thomas® Ascarite II CO2 Absorbent is an aggressive, high performance quantitative absorbent of carbon dioxide. Utilized by the US military, Ascarite II can be used in environmental labs, chromatographic applications, and chemical and steel manufacturing plants.
Its wide range of uses includes:
- Removing carbon dioxide from gas streams and atmospheric air
- Scrubbing residual carbon dioxide from carrier gases
- Carbon-hydrogen determination
- Heat treating applications which generate carbon dioxide as an unwanted contaminate gas in a particular industrial application
Ascarite II is the universally-accepted carbon dioxide absorbent. It captures and contains CO2 through chemical change making it a non-regenerative consumable product:
- Captures 40% of its own weight in CO2
- Absorbs 40g of CO2 at flow rates of 100mL /min
- Total removal of CO2 to 0-1ppm
- Quantitative Change — Color change at full absorption
- Infinite shelf life (provided sealed from moisture and air)
- Bi-product is water and sodium carbonate
Ascarite II is a specially formulated mixture of Sodium Hydroxide on an inert silica carrier, providing a surface area especially suited for the rapid, high performance and total absorption of CO2 on contact.
CAS Number: 1310-73-2
NOTE: Not recommended for use in re-breathing systems such as anesthesia closed systems or under water self contained units.