MDL Number: MFCD00166026
- For PCR amplifications that require reduced non-specific amplification
- For multiplex PCR
- For reduction of primer dimers
Features and Benefits
- JumpStart Taq DNA polymerase, an antibody inactivated hot start enzyme, is designed to minimize non-specific amplification while increasing target yield & specificity
- JumpStart Taq DNA polymerase provides superior amplification regardless of template concentration
- REDTaq JumpStart ReadyMix reduces pipetting steps and risk of contamination. The hot start mechanism allows for room temperature set up, making it the ideal for high throughput applications
- Inert red dye allows for easy verification that reagent has been mixed properly
- Other loading dyes not necessary. Aliquots may be directly loaded onto an agarose gel after the reaction
JumpStart REDTaq ReadyMix PCR Reaction Mix is a prepared solution combining the performance benefits of hot start PCR with the dual convenience of Sigma's ReadyMix and REDTaq. The mix includes Sigma's JumpStart Taq DNA Polymerase, 99% pure deoxynucleotides, buffer, and an inert red dye in a 2× optimized reaction concentrate. Add 25 µL of the ReadyMix to primers, template, and water to a final reaction volume of 50 µL.
JumpStart Taq antibody in the reaction mix inactivates the Taq DNA polymerase at room temperature. During the first denaturation step of PCR the complex dissociates and polymerase activity is fully restored.
The red dye allows quick visual confirmation the enzyme has been added and properly mixed. After PCR, an aliquot may be loaded directly onto an agarose gel without the addition of loading buffers. The inert red dye does not effect automated sequencing, restriction enzyme digestion, ligation, or other downstream manipulations. The PCR product is easily separated from the dye by standard purification methods if desired.
Using JumpStart ReadyMix reduces pipetting steps and risk of contamination. The hot start mechanism allows for room temperature set up, making it the ideal for high throughput applications.
Default reaction volume is 50 µL
Thomas No. C977N24 is packaged as 1 X 500 µL
Thomas No. C977N25 is packaged as 1 X 2.5 mL
Thomas No. C977N26 is packaged as 1 X 20 mL
Purchase of this product includes an immunity from suit under patents specified in the product insert to use only the amount purchased for the purchaser's own internal research. No other patent rights (such as 5' Nuclease Process patent rights) are conveyed expressly, by implication, or by estoppel. Further information on purchasing licenses may be obtained by contacting the Director of Licensing, Applied Biosystems, 850 Lincoln Centre Drive, Foster City, California 94404, USA. Antibody licensed for in vitro research use under U.S. Patent No. 5,338,671 and 5,587,287, and corresponding patents in other countries.
Use of this product is covered by one or more of the following US patents and corresponding patent claims outside the US: US 8,404,464 and US 7,972,828. The purchase of this product includes a limited, non-transferable immunity from suit under the foregoing patent claims.
JumpStart is a trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
REDTaq is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
ReadyMix is a trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
One unit incorporates 10 nmol of total dNTPs into acid precipitable DNA in 30 min. at 74 °C.
C977N24, C977N25 and C977N26 has a Ice/Dry Ice Fee included in the price.
To see the value of this fee, download our Fee List.
Concentration: 2.5 units/reaction (50 µL reaction volume)
Shipped in: wet ice
Storage Temp.: -20°C